Saturday 7 January 2017

PoTd - January 7


https://www.flickr.com/photos/rumimume/
Pic-of-The-day



 Pic-of-The-day - "Ornamental Plants".
Playing with a canon 50mm 2.5 macro lens. I thought it was a bit weird when I foist saw it for sale (everyone knows the standard 50's at 1.8, 1.4 &1.2. You might have  heard of the legendary (but real) 50mm 1.0, but I had never heard  of this 50mm macro.

At first I thought  "what a strange lens"  then  I looked around online & realized it could help me do something I'd been struggling with.
I like shots like this & the one below but have always wanted to get closer to give a better sense of volume & scale, but the minimum focus distance on my thrifty fifty was too long. This new 50 mm macro would solve that problem, as a bonus it has a bigger throw which makes manual focusing much easier than the 50 1.8. This is still a bit of a niche lens, but it's a niche I like my only regret is that I didn't use it last month for the 'Garrison Christmas' series.


Click Subscribe and never miss a post.
You can get my "Pic-of-The-day" in your Twitter feed by following @rumimumesf on Twitter.

Want to see more?
I'm also on  Redbubble, Flickr, VimeoYouTube, & Google+.


No comments:

Post a Comment